See, that's the problem with blogs. You put 'em out there and then they come back to haunt you.
Wasn't it just last week that I went on about how we need to stick to our guns and do the 'responsible thing' by working on the task at hand, no matter how feverishly our Muse whispers story ideas into our ears late at night?
Well, I admit it. I caved. My Muse planted the seed of a story in my mind and now, I've dropped my other WIPs like they are hot potatoes.
If there were a scarlet letter for falling prey to literary whimsy, I'd be sewing it onto my sweater as we speak.
But then again, who am I to ignore my Muse? I've done it before and she paid me back by propping her feet up on the table for a long….long….long while without passing on any of her pearls of wisdom.
It's official, folks. I'm on a short leash.
My Current WIPs (works-in-progress)
– WIPs 1, 2 & 3: I've made no progress on these, I'm ashamed to say.Still stuck on 1; still waiting to hear if 2 has been accepted; 3 is stalled
– WIP #4: I know, I can't believe I've got these 4 stories on the go. It kind of annoys me that I'm working on so many stories at once. Maybe the Muse will award me for my obedience by allowing me to make quick work of this idea while it's still fresh in my mind. Because it's actually pulling at me (like most story ideas do…in the beginning, at least). Let's just hope this one doesn't end up a stalled project like the ones above
If you’re a writer participating in WIP Wednesday, post a link to your blog in the comments!
Fellow WIP Wednesday participants:
- KV Taylor – WIP Wednesday Indulges in Worldbuilding
- Aaron Polson – WIP Wednesday: I Can't Handle the Truth
- Jeremy Kelly – WIP Wednesday: The Gift Horse