It's been a while since I did one of my weekly writing check-ins. I miss 'em! And it really does help me stay on track by putting the info out there instead of simply keeping it all in my head. Even if no one else calls me on my slacking, these posts sort of do. A virtual nudging from myself, if you will. So, here we go.
State of the WIPs:
- completed the first draft of my tweet-inspired tale (tentatively titled Graveyard Shift at The Institute)
- did some brainstorming for my WeSeWriMo project
- took a look at one of my NaNo 2010 stories, hoping to submit it to Red Penny Papers
What I Did Well:
- got back on track with my WAC
- spent some "Me Time" reading (aka feeding the creative Muse)
What I Can Improve Upon:
- trying to get back into hitting a 500-word minimum at the very least (I'm o.k. with this when polishing up a WIP, but would prefer a 1KDay when working on something new)
- try not to get stuck on the perpetual Twitter refresh too often 🙂
- socializing seems to be either feast or famine for me. Would like to balance this out more so I can interact and bond (instead of drive-by hellos) with my peeps without sacrificing too much writing time
All in all, it was a good week. Not great…but these things wax and wane so I'm determined to get more accomplished next week.
How did you do with your goals last week? What are you hoping to tackle this week?