It seems I'm not the only one struggling with writing what I want versus what I should be writing.
Sure – you'd think that not having enough ideas would be the worst case scenario for any writer. But I think that it's the more manic, all-the-voices-shouting-at-once dilemma that is much more maddening.
Sometimes it feels as though our ideas are The Other Man (or Woman, as the case may be) and we find ourselves fantasizing about all those as-of-yet unwritten worlds that we long to get lost in, if only we had the time.
But between life and work, often we are left to wax romantic for our unrequited, not-yet-told tales.
Sure, sometimes we should allow ourselves to be the dreamy teenagers to our ideas.
But if we're ever going to make any progress at all, sometimes we do have to be adults about it and get down to business.
My Current WIPs:
- WIP #1: Okay – I'm stuck. I've printed out a hard copy, because sometimes it's easier to see where it isn't working on the page rather than the screen. Hoping to get this one finished in the next week or two
- WIP #2: Finally got a little feedback on where the story might not be working (thanks Ryan!) so I'll work on this when WIP #1 is too maddening. Hopefully it won't require too much shredding
- WIP #3: that piece for#fridayflash that I mentioned on Monday. Jasper TX is on repeat…(meaning…still polishing it up)
If you’re a writer participating in WIP Wednesday, post a link to your blog in the comments! Fellow WIP Wednesday participants:
If you’re a writer participating in WIP Wednesday, post a link to your blog in the comments!
Fellow WIP Wednesday participants:
- Aaron Polson – WIP Wednesday: Monsters Everywhere
- Barry Napier – Recovery
- KV Taylor – WIP Wednesday Isn't Groundbreaking
- Mercedes Yardley – Kill Those Darlings DEAD, Baby. WIP Wednesday
#writerwednesday Book Tour
Fellow writer W.J. Howard has started promoting the work of other writers with her #writerwednesday book tour. This is a fantastic idea, and a great way to network! Wendy's looking for a few good writerly links (related to books, writers, writing, literary blog tours and in Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Sci-Fi and Comedy genres) – so head over to her site and spread the love!
If you've got a great link to share, book news to announce, or anything else book/writing related, get in touch. We'll talk, you know, no big whoop[NWC] by