So, starting that Writer's Accountability Chart actually did great things for my motivation. Admittedly, I didn't really get into the swing of things until late Tuesday, and I took Friday off to go to the ROM. But all in all, it was a good start.
So, I'm going to start doing my weekly check-ins again, if anything to keep my motivation rolling.
– Moral Hygiene: currently reworking an old piece for a Super Sekrit Projekt (if they still want me)
– The Hanging Garden: this one has been on the backburner for a while now. I was stuck on it so hopefully this break will allow me to see exactly where I was going wrong with it and I can hit the ground running when I start working on it again
Ideas Brewing for:
– Side Show 2: I was all gung-ho with an idea for this one, but it quickly fizzled after multiple attempts. I may try to revisit this before the deadline (whenever that is) or sub it to Sideshow Fables
– I have 1 piece out & about
I definitely need to get back on track, finish up all my WIP's and get them out there! I am absolutely not satisfied with only having 1 piece currently under consideration.
What I Did Well:
– I ended up doing my Friday 5 on Thursday, because I knew I would be gone all day Friday seeing dinosaur bones, fossils, sculptures and Ancient Egyptian artifacts at the ROM
– When I log off from the network, it's amazing how much more productive I can be!
– Added a few Google Apps to iGoogle to keep me on track (ToDo and Sticky Notes)
What I Can Improve On:
– logging off from the network more often
– sticking to my schedule
– refocus, get back into seeking out more markets, and brainstorming more ideas for my Idea File
– do more writing on the weekends!
All in all, I'd give myself a 70% grade for last week. Let's hope I can improve on that!
Music: Aes Dana: Nexus from [Oxycanta] Winter Blooms