Somehow, I've managed to stick to my minimum of 500-words a day almost every day this week. It wasn't even conscious, either. But having my Writer's Accountability Chart (aka bulletin board) desk-side as well as adding it back into the right-hand sidebar there –> has kept me on track.
So, I only managed just under 3000 words this week, which isn't earth-shattering by any means, but I refuse to make myself feel guilty for not doing more. After all, that takes all the fun out of it!
I didn't hit every goal I set out for myself last Sunday, so I resolve to make up for it this week. Besides, Summer t.v. is terrible except for True Blood on Sunday nights, so I see myself doing much better this summer overall.
How I Kicked It This Week:
- met my goal of hitting a minimum of 500-words almost each day (with over 1K on Friday)
- policed myself better in terms of playing games, chatting and such when I should be writing (hence the improved word count)
What I Need To Improve:
- missed a few of my blog days this week (but I suppose quality is better than quantity)
- Looking at my WAC, I need to read more! I have tons to read, just need to make more time for it
Goals for the Coming Week:
- much more brainstorming, outlining for various projects
- cut the cord on this short story already and move onto something shiny & new
How did you do with your goals last week? What are you hoping to tackle this week?