In my current #WIP, there is some mopping up to be done by my 2 main characters. It's a gruesome task in comparison to the mopping up I am doing in preparation for the long weekend (i.e. laundry, making picnic plans, final edits of the aforementioned tale).
So, even though I feel like this is the never-ending edit, things could be much worse. Wait till you read what task they are tackling 🙂
I plan to take it easy for the next few days, but that doesn't mean I won't still sneak in some brainstorming for other WIPs. Besides, what better way to do so than staring up at the clouds from under a shady tree?
In other writing news:
- One of my fave Brits and constant source of inspiration DJR has finished the first draft of his latest novel, Dog Eat Dog. Cannot wait to read it!
- I hear the first edition of the Red Penny Papers is going to be stellar, with pieces so far from Aaron & Cate. I better finish my submission and hope it gets accepted
- Barry Napier really is conquering the writing world with the acceptance of his poetry collection, A Mouth For Picket Fences. GO Barry!
- I'm completely jealous that my fellow hi-fiver Katey is going to the Mutter Museum to do a little research! Yes – medical oddities are fun!
- Miss Beanses has started posting snippets of stories that will appear in the From The Dark Side Anthology. Looking forward to reading more!
Funny how it's Summer and I seem busier now more than ever. I guess when you're freelancing, it's harder to differentiate between seasons. Or week. Or days. Or hours.
Fellow WIP Wednesday posse:
- Cate Gardner – WIP Wednesday: Tick Tock, Tick Tock
If you’re a writer participating in WIP Wednesday, post a link to your blog in the comments! More info on the WIP Wednesday initiative can be found at Kate Karyus Quinn's blog.
Fellow members of The Creative Alliance:
Want to know where all the cool kids go? Check out TCA and join us! Writers, artists, musicians – unite!